BrandPlayer's No 6
Brand Player's No 6
- Player’s No. 6 Filter (British version 1) S-10-H - origin unknown
- Player’s No. 6 Plain (British version 2) S-20-S - Switzerland
- Player’s No. 6 Plain (British version 2) S-20-B - England
- Player’s No. 6 Filter (British version 2) KS-20-S - Switzerland
- Player’s No. 6 Filter (British version) KS-20-H - England
Player’s No. 6 was first introduced in the United Kingdom, in plain-end and filter, by Imperial Tobacco. It was launched as a coupon brand in late 1965, and quickly became popular, reputedly capturing one-eighth of the cigarette market in Britain within a year of its roll-out. It was introduced to Canada in 1967 by Imperial Tobacco Canada as a compact-sized cigarette (68 mm or less, compared with the 75 mm regular-sized cigarette). It was sold in Canada as late as 1972, but did not survive the 1970s.
The brand was also launched in Europe.