Academy cigarettes were produced under the Benson and Hedges name in the United Kingdom by Gallaher Group in 1980. The brand was sold in six pack designs, which were taken from paintings at the Royal Academy of Arts in London.
The paintings used were:
- 1. Boat Passing a Lock (John Constable);
- 2. Horses in a Thunderstorm (Sawrey Gilpin);
- 3. Schevelling Pinks Running To Anchor Off Yarmouth (Edward William Cooke);
- 4. Au Moulin Rouge (Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec);
- 5. A Village Fair (Pieter de Bloot); and
- 6. The Artist's Studio (Jan Vermeer).
Dear reader, if you have any further information on this brand, please feel free to add it in. Thanks for the assistance.